Important notice for all students
We are writing to update you regarding the ongoing global pandemic of Coronavirus (COVID-19), its
impact on Australia and the measures Wentworth Institute (WIN) is taking to support your health and
As you are aware the Australian Government has suspended all travel from mainland China, Iran, Italy and South Korea to Australia and there’s a chance that this list may continue to grow rapidly as the global situation changes. The Australian Government has been taking various measures for the protection and well-being of all residents and visitors and imposed various restrictions recently including:
• every person entering Australia must follow the mandatory Self-quarantine processes and selfisolate themselves for a minimum period of 14 days
• advice for public gatherings and visits to vulnerable groups which includes limitations being placed
on organised gathering of 500 or more which has led to cancellation of numerous events
• specific advice released for individuals seeking to travel overseas
• specific advice released for foreign nationals entering Australia
• released a COVID-19 – Frequently asked questions information for all
• emergency food relief service for international students from OzHarvest Hamper Hubs
We are aware of the impact of the above and in the best interest of our student community we have decided to make some temporary changes to the way we will deliver our educational programs until the situation improves.
As of Wednesday the 18th of March, the institute campus will be closed and there will be no on-site training offered for any programs. All students will be required to log in to our Moodle platform using their unique log in and continue with their study commitments by accessing all of our learning and assessments on the platform. You will have access to a range of support services including the academic support from our trainers and assessors. Please feel free to communicate with us regarding any support needs by emailing us on:
• email@example.com for all Academic support requirements
• firstname.lastname@example.org for all other support requirements
We are committed to supporting all students who are unable to be in Australia for the current term due to the issues associated with the coronavirus. We had communicated with you earlier about the online learning option through our Moodle platform and suggest that you continue with it to ensure you don’t miss out on your learning. Additionally, where possible, we are happy to provide extension to your study duration if required.
In order to protect your status under a student visa, it is crucial that you continue your studies either onshore or offshore. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any further clarifications about the above message.
Please stay well and keep us informed of any change in relation to your health, study and visa status.
Chief Executive Officer