- COVID-19 Update
- VET Courses
- Diploma of Leadership and Management
- Diploma of TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
- Diploma of Business
- Diploma of Financial Services
- Diploma of Information Technology(Cyber Security))
- Diploma of Information Technology(DATABASE & DATA MANAGEMENT/ WEB DESIGN & DEVELOPMENT)
- Diploma of Screen and Media
- Advanced Diploma
- Admission Requirements
- Current Students
- Future Students
- About Us
- Contact Us
10695NAT – Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages)
|Study Type:||20 hours per week|
This course is organised into 10 units of competency, made up of 9 core units and 1 elective unit.
|TESCIE001||Create a culturally inclusive learning environment||CORE|
|TESGAE001||Use the genre approach to teach English||CORE|
|TESTEG001||Teach English grammar||CORE|
|TESTSP001||Teach spelling and pronunciation||CORE|
|TESDRF001||Develop resource files||CORE|
|TESPSL001||Teach ESL to primary school-aged learners||ELECTIVE|
|TESECL001||Teach ESL to early childhood learners||ELECTIVE|
|TESTAL001||Teach ESL to teenage learners||ELECTIVE|
|TESMAD001||Use music, art and drama in TESOL||ELECTIVE|
|TESTEC001||Use technology to assist ESL learning||ELECTIVE|
|TESWWV001||Work with volunteers in ESL contexts||ELECTIVE|
|TESCBC001||Establish community based English classes||ELECTIVE|
The purpose of the 10695NAT Certificate IV in TESOL (Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) is that applicants will be trained to become teachers of English. This course is designed to enable students to develop practical skills and knowledge that are essential in today’s challenging world of ESL/CALD. Students will acquire the skills to:
- Prepare ESL/CALD lessons.
- Deliver ESL/CALD lessons using a variety of approaches and strategies
- Define the structure of the English language
- Create learning resources.
In order to gain entry into this course, the potential student must:
● Be 18 years of age or over
● Have satisfactorily completed Year 11 in the Australian High School (or equivalent), and
● Have an IELTS band score of minimum 5.5 or TOEFL 500 (or equivalent)
After achieving the 10695NAT Certificate IV in TESOL, students may continue to study 10688NAT Diploma of TESOL (with a direct credit for 9 core units).
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING & RECOGNITION OF CURRENT COMPETENCY
Have you studied this topic before? We will recognise competencies gained through previous learning, work and life experiences.
Students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/ Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) before they commence the course or a particular unit. Students will need to provide evidence that they are already competent in this/these specific unit/s. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.