- COVID-19 Update
- VET Courses
- Advanced Diploma
- Admission Requirements
- Current Students
- Future Students
- About Us
- Contact Us
AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis
|Qualification:||AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis|
|CRICOS Course Code:||106885K|
|Duration:||26 Weeks including breaks|
Automotive Retail, Service and Repair Training Package
|Vocational Area:||Automotive Retail, Service and Repair|
|Study Type:||Blended delivery: Face to face training, Virtual Classroom ( Zoom), classroom delivery or workplace.|
This course is organised into 10 units of competency, made up of 1 core unit and 9 elective units.
|Unit of Competency Codes||Unit of Competency Name|
|AURTTA121||Diagnose complex system faults||Core|
|AURLTE104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle petrol engines||Elective|
|AURLTE105||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle diesel engines||Elective|
|AURLTB104||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle braking systems||Elective|
|AURTTA125||Diagnose complex faults in vehicle integrated stability control systems||Elective|
|AURLTD109||Diagnose complex faults in light vehicle steering and suspension systems||Elective|
|AURETH103||Diagnose and repair high voltage rechargeable energy storage systems in battery electric vehicles||Elective|
|AURETH104||Diagnose and repair traction motor speed control systems in battery electric vehicles||Elective|
|AURETH105||Diagnose and repair high voltage traction motors in battery electric vehicles||Elective|
|AURETH106||Diagnose and repair auxiliary motors and associated components in battery electric vehicles||Elective|
The AUR40216 Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis course reflects the role of individuals who perform advanced diagnostic tasks in the automotive retail, service and repair industry.
The specific course entry requirements are (for example, LLN, technology skills or pre-requisite qualifications):
Those undertaking the Certificate IV in Automotive Mechanical Diagnosis must have completed an automotive mechanical Certificate III qualification, or be able to demonstrate equivalent competency.
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements
• Satisfactorily completion of Australian Year 12 (or equivalent) with sound literacy and numeracy skills OR
• Display competence at or above these levels in the Australian Core Skills Framework (ACSF) – Learning: L4; Reading: R4; Writing: W4; Oral Communication: OC4; Numeracy: N4.
• Be 18 years of age or over.
• Satisfactorily completion of Senior Secondary School (Australian Year 12 or equivalent) with sound literacy and numeracy skills.
• IELTS band score of 5.5 or TOEFL 500 or equivalent
• Be 18 years of age or over.
• Based on previous study and work experience (Resume)
Further training pathways from this qualification include:
• AUR50116 Diploma of Automotive Management
• AUR50216 Diploma in Automotive Technology or other relevant qualifications.
The following employment pathways are available to students who complete this qualification as graduates at this level will have broad knowledge and skills for highly skilled work.
Employment pathways provided for in this qualification may include:
• Automotive lead or master technician
• Automotive technical adviser
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING & RECOGNITION OF CURRENT COMPETENCY
Have you studied this topic before? We will recognise competencies gained through previous learning, work and life experiences.
Students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/ Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) before they commence the course or a particular unit. Students will need to provide evidence that they are already competent in this/these specific unit/s. Email email@example.com for further information.