- COVID-19 Update
- VET Courses
- Advanced Diploma
- Admission Requirements
- Current Students
- Future Students
- About Us
- Contact Us
FNS60415 Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning
|Qualification:||FNS60415 Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning|
|CRICOS Course Code:||087728G|
|Duration:||40 weeks of tuition and 12 weeks of term breaks= 52 weeks total|
|Training Package:||FNS Financial Services|
|Vocational Area:||Financial services|
|Study Type:||Full time: 20 hours face to face per week|
This course is organised into 11 units of competency, made up of 8 core units and 3 elective units.
|Unit of Competency Codes||Unit of Competency Names|
|Core Units||FNSFPL508||Conduct complex financial planning research|
|FNSFPL601||Provide technical and professional guidance|
|FNSFPL602||Determine client requirements and expectations for clients with complex needs|
|FNSFPL603||Provide comprehensive monitoring and ongoing service|
|FNSFPL604||Develop complex and innovative financial planning strategies|
|FNSFPL605||Present and negotiate complex and innovative financial plans|
|FNSFPL606||Implement complex and innovative financial plan|
|FNSPRM601||Establish, supervise and monitor practice systems to conform with legislation and regulations|
|Elective Units||BSBMGT605||Provide leadership across the organisation|
|BSBMGT617||Develop and implement a business plan|
|BSBSMB405||Monitor and manage small business operations|
FNS60415 Advanced Diploma of Financial Planning is for financial planners who provide a comprehensive range of financial planning services across a variety of product environments, including those involving complex issues and/or innovative strategies. Working in this environment is subject to Australian Securities and Investments Commission (ASIC) regulation and licensing.
In order to gain entry into this course, the potential student must:
- Be 18 years of age or over
- Have satisfactorily completed the Australian Year 12 (or equivalent), and
- Have an IELTS band score of 5.5 or TOEFL 500 (or equivalent).
- Completion of the following units of competency, from the core of the Diploma in Financial Planning or their equivalent from a previous version of the FNS Training Package. These are:
- FNSASICZ503* Provide advice in financial planning
- FNSFPL501 Comply with financial planning practice ethical and operational guidelines and regulations
- FNSFPL502 Conduct financial planning analysis and research
- FNSFPL503 Develop and prepare financial plan
- FNSFPL504 Implement financial plan
- FNSFPL505 Review financial plans and provide ongoing service
- FNSFPL506 Determine client financial requirements and expectations
- FNSINC401 Apply principles of professional practice to work in the financial services industry
- The entry requirement can be met by evidence of equivalent competency to the above units through recognition of prior learning (RPL).
Applicants preferably have completed any Certificate FNS qualification or other relevant Certificate or demonstrated vocational experience in a range of work environments in financial services roles, including planner or analyst.
Graduates may continue to study FNS Vocational qualifications, other higher education sector qualifications, as well as undertaking ASIC RG 146 compliance.
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING & RECOGNITION OF CURRENT COMPETENCY
Have you studied this topic before? We will recognise competencies gained through previous learning, work and life experiences.
Students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/ Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) before they commence the course or a particular unit. Students will need to provide evidence that they are already competent in this/these specific unit/s. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.