- COVID-19 Update
- VET Courses
- Advanced Diploma
- Admission Requirements
- Current Students
- Future Students
- About Us
- Contact Us
ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology
|Qualification:||ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology|
|CRICOS Course Code:||105202F|
|Duration:||78 Weeks including breaks|
|Study Type:||Full time: 20 hours face-to-face|
Choice of elective units to achieve a specialisation in the following:
- Advanced Data Management Information
- Full Stack Web Development
|Code||Units of Competency||Core / Elective|
|BSBCRT611||Apply critical thinking for complex problem solving||Core|
|BSBTWK502||Manage team effectiveness||Core|
|BSBXCS402||Promote workplace cyber security awareness and best practices||Core|
|ICTICT608||Interact with clients on a business level||Core|
|ICTICT618||Manage IP, ethics, and privacy in ICT environments||Core|
|ICTSAD609||Plan and monitor business analysis activities in an ICT environment||Core|
|ICTDBS604||Build Data Warehouses||Elective|
|ICTDBS605||Develop knowledge management strategies||Elective|
|ICTDBS606||Determine database functionality and scalability||Elective|
|ICTICT523||Gather data to identify business requirements||Elective|
|ICTICT530||Design user experience solutions||Elective|
|ICTPRG535||Build advanced user interfaces||Elective|
|ICTPRG553||Create and develop REST APIs||Elective|
|ICTSAD612||Implement and maintain uses of containerisation||Elective|
|ICTNWK539||Design and implement integrated server solutions||Elective|
|ICTNWK544||Design and implement a security perimeter for ICT networks||Elective|
The ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology course reflects the role of individuals in a variety of information and communications technology (ICT) roles who have significant experience in specialist technical skills, or managerial business and people management skills.
Individuals in these roles carry out complex tasks in a specialist field, working independently, leading a team or a strategic direction of a business. They apply their skills across a wide range of industries and business functions, or as a business owner (sole trader/contractor).
The skills required for these roles may include, but are not restricted to:
• advanced data management information: creating, designing and monitoring complex systems that store data, and optimising organisational knowledge management
• cyber security: protecting sensitive data and information through security architecture, and developing disaster recovery and contingency plans
• full stack web development: building advanced user interfaces, developing representational state transfer application program interfaces (REST APIs) and designing user experience solutions
• further programming: applying advanced ICT languages to maintain security and manage data
• IT strategy and organisational development: managing and communicating strategic ICT business solutions
• systems development and analysis: modelling and testing data objects, data processes and preferred ICT system solutions.
English Language/Literacy/Numeracy requirements.
IELTS band score of 5.5 or TOEFL 500 or equivalent
Specific Course Entry Requirements
Be 18 years of age or over
Have satisfactorily completed the Australian Year 12 (or equivalent) with sound literacy and numeracy skills.
It is preferred that students have completed the ICT50120 Diploma of Information Technology (or equivalent).
After achieving the ICT60220 Advanced Diploma of Information Technology, students may continue to study other Advanced Diplomas or undergraduate programs, such as
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Network Security
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Data Infrastructure)
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING & RECOGNITION OF CURRENT COMPETENCY
Have you studied this topic before? We will recognise competencies gained through previous learning, work and life experiences.
Students can apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL)/ Recognition of Current Competency (RCC) before they commence the course or a particular unit. Students will need to provide evidence that they are already competent in this/these specific unit/s. Email email@example.com for further information.